About Purr Norfolk
Cats Protection fosterer and lifelong animal lover
My name is Vanessa and I am the owner and operator of Purr Norfolk Pet Sitting. I am a real animal-lover, but throughout my life I have always adored cats in particular. I have two beautiful British Shorthair cats that take up much of my spare time with their demands to be worshipped and adored!
My love for cats and my desire to provide them with happy and fulfilling lives led me to become a fosterer for Cats Protection.
I have a purpose-built pen at my home in South Norfolk where I take in cats that need to be re-homed, maintaining their health and welfare until they are adopted.
Creating Purr Norfolk Pet Sitting
My decision to create Purr Norfolk Pet Sitting in 2019 was based on my own experience of trying to find a local, reliable pet-sitter who was committed to giving my cats the love, care and company that they get from me. My husband and I adore our cats and we can’t bear the thought of them being lonely, anxious or stressed while we’re away.
Whilst some cat owners prefer to use a cattery, we have always believed that the cattery environment would cause our cats considerable stress and unhappiness, not to mention the palaver of getting them into their carriers and the pain of seeing the heart-wrenching look on their faces as we left them behind. We didn’t want to impose on our neighbours and had no family to help out, and without a professional cat-sitter on hand we were left with no option but to abandon our holidays!
So, I can fully understand the worry and anxiety you feel when it comes to arranging care for your pet while you’re away, and this is why I am committed to offering you peace of mind for your pet’s care whilst you enjoy a guilt-free break.
Transporting your pet with care
As a Cats Protection fosterer, I spend many hours travelling to and from the vets and also collecting cats to be re-homed. I completely understand that taking your pet on a journey in the car can be stressful and upsetting, and I also appreciate that some pet owners are simply unable to take their pet to the vets.
My aim is to provide pets and their owners with a reliable and secure Pet Taxi service to try and take away the stress of vet visits, grooming appointments and house moves.
Why choose Purr Norfolk?
- I am local, reliable, professional and committed to providing the highest standard of care for your pet
- My pet sitting service provides an affordable alternative to a stressful cattery stay or having to impose on neighbours or family
- Your pet will feel safe and secure in its own familiar surroundings and will not be exposed to the stress and upheaval that a cattery stay can bring
- I am a committed animal-lover who will spend time with your pet to relieve loneliness, anxiety and stress
- As a Cats Protection fosterer I have encountered many cat personalities – shy, scared, loving, aloof, feisty, fussy – I love them all!
- I have many years of experience in cat care and have trained in Pet First Aid and Feline Welfare & Wellbeing
- I can administer medication for your pet if required
- I am police checked and have a current Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) certificate
- I am fully insured with Petplan Sanctuary for pet sitting and pet taxi services
Locations and Travel
The main areas that I offer my pet sitting and pet taxi services are within the postcodes NR7, NR13, NR14, NR15, NR18, NR1, NR2 and NR4. I will always try to accommodate clients outside those areas if I have the capacity, but please note that other areas may be subject to an additional mileage charge. My car is fully insured for pet sitting and pet taxi services.